33 is hiring
Welcome to 33, one of Chicago’s fastest growing fully integrated real estate companies. We are in search of experienced, hardworking and highly motivated individuals. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm of professionals who are dedicated to their success in the field of real estate. We are a tight knit team with a great culture looking for a colleague who is interested in experiencing the excitement that accompanies a growing, entrepreneurial company. If you are an outgoing, organized, hardworking individual who enjoys in a fast paced, creative environment – please review our job postings and apply within.
Looking for an exciting opportunity to join the Property Management team of a leading Chicago Real Estate company, where your energy, positive demeanor and can-do attitude will lead to better performance levels all round? If you are a hardworking and professional Property Manager, who is willing to go the extra mile this could be the role for you!
We have a scattered site Property Manager vacancy and are looking for the right candidate to join our growing team to maintain a positive, productive relationship with tenants and spearhead the communication with property owners regarding the daily operations and budgeting for the properties.
You should be able to tell us about your track record of success as a self-starter, working with both tenants and owners successfully, managing all aspects of assigned properties, and arranging maintenance to meet standards.
Our positive, friendly and professional culture expands to every corner of our company, staff members are excited to be at work and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve success. As part of this team, you will be supported by our team members who can help you navigate any difficult queries, your skills will be recognized and appreciated and your team spirit will be a driving force in our culture
The position will include a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- Interact with tenants, maintenance personnel, engineers etc.
- Coordinating with our leasing team to ensure smooth turnovers between tenants
- Managing the maintenance staff including third party vendors
- Inspect properties, review contracts, schedule work.
- Oversee tenant ledgers to ensure timely collections.
- Oversight of resident work order intake and completion including both emergency and non-emergency maintenance requests.
We are seeking candidates who possess the following skill set:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in property management.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Must possess proficiency with Microsoft and/or Google Suite of office tools.
- A professional attitude with a desire to deliver great customer service.
- College degree preferred.
- Appfolio experience is a plus
Please respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
You love numbers, getting them right, and seeing what they mean -- and you’ve seen what getting the right numbers (and knowing what they are saying) can do for a property management firm! Property managers aren’t accountants -- they are worried about tenants, contractors, all kinds of issues -- but if their numbers aren’t right they’ll have no idea how their properties are doing. You are the one who gets to tell that story.
As a part of a team with two other accountants, you will oversee the accounting and financial reporting for all our properties, from 4-flats in the neighborhood to 200 unit downtown luxury buildings. The Property managers rely on you to help them get things right, the owners rely on you to show them what’s going on, and the company management needs accurate numbers to assess performance. It’s a fast paced role where no two days are the same! You will be expected to track the progress of accounting objectives and monitor the daily performance of the accounting department while prioritizing financial reporting deadlines and time sensitive projects.
The best part is that you get to do this as part of our positive, friendly and professional culture, staff members are excited to be at work and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve success. As part of this team, you will be supported by team members who can help you navigate any difficult queries, your skills will be recognized and appreciated and your team spirit will be a valuable contribution to our culture.
You will be an integral member of a talented accounting team, demonstrating success with a problem-solving attitude, strong analytical skills and being a team-player. Success in your role will lead to happy clients, armed with the accurate and timely financial information necessary to make strategic decisions regarding their real estate investments.
We are seeking candidates who possess the following skill sets:
- BS, in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
- Experience with property management or other high transaction volume business
- 3-5 years of direct and relevant accounting experience; understanding of internal controls a plus.
- Strong work ethic, with a demonstrated ability to “go the extra mile”
- Strong understanding of transaction level accounting
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated flexibility in a growth environment
- Experience with property management software, Appfolio knowledge a plus
Please respond with cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
We are in search of a hardworking on-site engineer for one of our managed properties in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago. The on-site engineer position, under limited supervision, performs general cleaning and maintenance duties in maintaining the building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary.
Essential Functions & Qualifications:
- Performs routine maintenance of building interior and exterior.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Contacts and schedules vendors and contractors for necessary building repairs and emergencies that are outside the scope of routine maintenance.
Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations. Takes appropriate action to ensure the safety of themselves and others in the building.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
- Relate to officials, staff, and public in a courteous manner.
- Required to possess a basic working knowledge of H.V.A.C., fire alarms, and other life safety systems, telephone, and security systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by maintenance staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.