Congratulations! We are excited that you found an apartment that you would like to apply for on our site. Please review the guidelines below. Then scroll down to the bottom and click on the APPLY NOW button to apply for the opportunity to lease one of our apartments.
33 Management LLC is the representative of the property owner and does not, in any respect, have any fiduciary or agency responsibility to the applicant. All Federal, State and local laws are followed and each application is processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, military status, familial status or national origin of the applicant. All applications will be considered.
- Each applicant 18 years of age & older must complete a separate application & pay the $65.00 non-refundable application fee.
- Copies of criminal or credit checks/reports will not be provided to applicants or agents as they are to be used for our screening process only. Denied applicants can get a copy of their credit report from the credit bureau directly for no charge within 60 days.
- Each application must be complete, signed and both application and administrative fee paid before the application will be processed.
- Applications are processed in the order received. Backup applications will continue to be accepted until the approved applicant has signed the lease and paid 1st month’s rent.
- A legible copy of applicant’s driver’s license, or other photo ID, is required and will become part of the completed application. In lieu of a faxed copy of an ID, please take a photo and email it.
- All information on application is subject to verification. Applications will be denied if falsified.
- Once approved, each applicant must sign the lease & be fully responsible for the lease, rent or any fees due.
NON-REFUNDABLE ADMINISTRATIVE FEE: In addition to any application fee, each applicant is required to submit a non-refundable administrative fee at the time of application in the amount of $295 per person. The non-refundable administrative fee is not a security deposit. This fee is non-refundable for any reason except the denial of an application. If an applicant is not approved, it will be refunded. The Administrative fee will be retained by 33 Management LLC as liquidated damages if an applicant fails to sign or attempts to withdraw.
SECURITY DEPOSIT: Select units may require a Security Deposit. Unless otherwise stated, the original Security Deposit is equal to the rent rate and, along with the first month’s rent, must be paid by certified funds (money order, cashier’s check or certified check). The security deposit will NOT be refunded unless tenant completes the term of the lease AND meets all other conditions of the lease.
PET RENT: If the property owner agrees to allow animals on the property, applicant will: Pay $25 extra per month in pet rent for each animal brought onto the property. Applicant remains responsible for damage done by ANY animal brought onto the property.
RENTAL HISTORY: Applicant must have good rental references for six months or more within the last eighteen months unless Applicant has just sold their home or completed military duty. Relatives are not acceptable as rental references. Application may be denied for evictions, damages beyond normal wear & tear, illegal activity on premises, refusal to re-rent by previous landlord or a balance still owed to previous landlord. Applicants may be denied if they are to break existing lease in order to lease property from 33 Management LLC.
INCOME: Application may be denied unless verifiable household income is more than three times the rent rate. If applicant will receive rental subsidy from Chicago Housing Authority, all additional application requirements must still be met. Unemployment will not be considered income. If Applicant is self-employed then income can be verified by past 12 month’s bank statements or tax return.
CRIMINAL: Before we accept your application fee, we must disclose the following:
1. Two-Step Screening Process. Throughout our two-step screening process, we screen each person on an individualized basis before we make a decision.
First, we will review your financial stability, which includes but is not limited to the following criteria: eviction history, credit score, employment and income history, payment delinquencies, bankruptcies, landlord references, residential history, and other financial information.
Second, to the extent permitted by law and within the guidelines of the Just Housing Ordinance, we will evaluate your criminal history to determine whether your conviction poses a demonstrable risk to personal safety or property of others.
2. Applicant’s right to dispute criminal convictions. Every applicant has a right to provide evidence demonstrating inaccuracies within the applicant’s conviction history, or evidence of rehabilitation and other mitigating factors as described in the Just housing Ordinance [described in section 740.100(B)]
3. Cook County Commissioners’ Contact Info & Address
118 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60602
Dishonest or inaccurate information. We reserve the right to deny your application if it is determined that any information that you provided throughout the application process was dishonest or inaccurate. This future denial for dishonesty or inaccuracy may occur at any time leading up to your move-in date. So please be honest and accurate.
CREDIT: All information showing on the credit report is subject to verification, including previous address and place of employment. Credit history requirements may be waived if Applicant has acceptable rental history from 33 within the past 18 months. Application may be denied for unsatisfactory credit history.
RENTER’S INSURANCE: It is required that the Tenant obtain renter’s liability insurance to cover the damage or injury to the Tenant, his/her/their family, his/her/their guests, Tenant personal property/belongings or any pets living in or visiting the premises. Tenants are required to provide proof of insurance purchased. If insurance is not obtained within 24 hours of the lease start date, it will be purchased on their behalf by the Landlord at an additional monthly charge and be subject to a non-refundable set-up charge.