Eric has spent his entire life in Illinois, growing up in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago and eventually attending the University of Illinois where he earned his Bachelor and Master of Accountancy degrees and followed that by obtaining his CPA accreditation. After a 10-year run in Corporate America at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, LLP and FTI Consulting where he specialized in audit and financial restructuring, respectively, he decided to pursue his long time passion for real estate.
Over his time in Corporate America, Eric developed a vast network of real estate owners and developers looking for opportunities in the multifamily sector and reliable service providers to operate their properties. With demand for investment real estate abound coming out of the Great Recession and a clear void in the market for reputable service providers, he abandoned the corporate world in 2012 and set out to help build the fully integrated real estate services firm that is now 33 & Cubed.
In addition to his executive level responsibilities, Eric leads business development and marketing initiatives, as well as focuses on new market entries and strategic JV’s with 33 & Cubed clients. He also spearheads the Companies’ real estate investment training platform, “33 University”, which teaches 33 & Cubed team members how to become real estate investors.
Outside of work, Eric devotes his time to coaching his three kids in soccer, baseball and softball. He spends too much time supporting the Cubs and not enough time figuring out golf. A mission close to the heart of his entire family, he is on the board of the Epilepsy Foundation of Chicago, which serves to find a cure for epilepsy. He is also a licensed broker in Illinois.
Eric attended all 3 losses in the 2016 World Series.
Eric attended the University of Illinois where he earned his Bachelor and Master of Accountancy degrees and followed that by obtaining his CPA accreditation. Eric is also a licensed broker in Illinois. After a 10-year run in Corporate America, he decided to pursue his long-time passion for real estate.
- Jeweler’s Building Redevelopment Wins Preservation Excellence Award - ConnectCRE
- 33 Realty names Sean Connelly principal - REJournals
- Bank Special Assets (Midwest)  -> Speakers (imn.org)
- How 33 Realty Learned From Its Mistakes In The Downturn To Thrive In The Boom (bisnow.com)
- Logan Square apartments score financing, Japanese investors buy apartments, Hyatt names interim CFO | Crain's Chicago Business
- 33 Realty Arranges $10.5M Sale of Five-Building Apartment Portfolio in Chicago - REBusinessOnline
- Board of Directors of The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago
Awards and Achievements
- Father of 3
- Owner of 33 & Cubed, Companies featured on Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies on 3 separate occasions
- Distressed Chicago Highrise
- Suburban Multifamily Bankruptcy
- Ponzi Scheme
- Suburban Office/Retail Suites
- Suburban branding/Leasing Projects
- CrossFit Gym Buildout
- Garden Style Apartment Complex
- Historic Jeweler’s Row Building